Sunday, April 19, 2015

Ni Hao Jinan!

From Beijing we took the train to Jinan.
Rebekah's province.
Things were about to get real. 

We arrived at our hotel, unloaded and went to bed in anticipation of what the next morning would bring.
Had a quick breakfast before meeting our guide
and then it was time.
Here are some beautiful photos of Lori's gotcha moment...






Yeah.
I got nothin.
They are all on Lori's SD card.
You can hop on over to her blog to read all about this day. 
Jinan is a bit of a blur to me.
We were only there for 48 hours and it was met with some profound moments in watching a precious little girl get a family, and some rather deep discussions with Charlie, the orphanage social worker about the complexities of all that is occurring within orphan care over there.
Charlie went to college and majored in special education.
Charlie is good people.

I've ordered an "I heart Charlie" tee-shirt.
I'll get you one too. 



No comments:

Post a Comment