Saturday, March 28, 2015

Second Verse, Same As The First.

T-minus 48 hours till takeoff.
And just like last time
I am currently alternating between vomiting at the thought of leaving these kids
and vomiting at the thought of leaving these kids.

So yeah.
Super productive.

I did finally pack.
Sigh.
And charged my camera.
Sigh.
And tried to remember what all I take to China.
Sigh. Vomit. Sigh.

I will say that when I get anxious....I clean.
So that worked quite well.
I mopped today ya'll.
M.O.P.P.E.D.
I scrubbed the toilets because somehow knowing my kids will have clean toilets to pee in makes the leaving a little bit easier.

I went to the grocery store for milk and walked out with $342 worth of groceries to tide them over for the first week that I am gone.
I bought them an Easter ham.
Yep.
A ham.
A freaking ham.
Sorry piggy. Hungry boys and all...you understand right?

I bought all their favorite munchies that they love in their lunchbox.
Because again....somehow that makes the leaving easier.
Tomorrow I'm taking the Suburban to get cleaned and vacuumed.
I don't know why.
I think knowing their dirty little baseball cleats can rest on clean floor mats makes the leaving a little bit easier.
Clearly I have issues. 
All of their uniforms for next week are lovingly folded and organized in their slots.
Because somehow....this makes the leaving easier.
And I ironed their underwear
because somewhow, this makes the leaving.....ok no I didn't.
I'm not that far gone.
Yet.

Tomorrow I'm declaring it The Day of Mom. 
I'm taking the teens out to lunch.
The twins out for Yogurtology.
And the Asian sensations and I are going to make gigantic ice cream sundaes and watch their favorite movie....Chronicles of Narnia.
I'm soaking them in.
Every breath.
Every smell.
Because man am I gonna miss them when I'm gone.

And in case you tire of hearing me bemoan leaving my children for 17 days you should know that I do tend to be ok once I get going....it's the days leading up to it that are the hardest for me. 
So once I am in China and begin posting all the zaniness that is occurring over there without mentioning the kids you'll be all like, "Wow. Didn't she have kids she missed? Whatever happened to that? Does she karaoke with Chinese people when she is sad? Does she climb the Great Wall when she misses them?" And all be all like, "Well yes. Yes I do." It's gonna be epic.

2 comments:

  1. Bless you, Mama! 17 days will be a long time!!! But your husband and boys are rock stars, and you've done everything you can to prepare them. After all, you've cleaned the toilets. Cuz you know they'll be sparkly when you return. Well, maybe not. I can't wait to read your China posts. And maybe you can locate all the places I wanted to eat but never could find, you know, in case I ever get to go back. You'd do that for me, wouldn't you? Please and thank you. Enjoy your Mama time <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spider Feet Stand Only Printing - Print247365.com is one of the leading printing service provider companies in the USA. Spider Feet stands only Stakes are low profile stands that are user to display the signs of your company’s services or products, which show either one or both sides depending on where you place the display.

    ReplyDelete